Sunday, March 27, 2011

Country Music

I remember back when I was in like 5th grade and people would always ask me what kind of music I listened to.  I never realized it was so "uncool" to listen to country.  It's what I had grown up around and I didnt think anything of it.  When I got into middle school I realized there was almost nobody who shared my taste in music.  I didnt really care.  It's not like I was going to change the kind of music that I listened to. But it seemed as if everyone had only bad things to say about country music.  Well I'm writing this blog to clear up the confusion. 
People have many ideas about country music.  Some are.. 1. its for hicks/hillbillies/whatever else you would like to call them.  2. they sing about farms and tractors and "stupid stuff" 3. its boring and it all sounds the same.  Well the truth is, country songs actually tell stories.  There is a meaning to every song.  Some songs are about tractors and farms but guess what, we live in Iowa..shouldnt we care about that kind of stuff? The songs arent all about one thing.  Relationships, revenge, God, war, working, drinking, anything else you can think of. You can actually understand what the lyrics are.  You can relate to almost every song, no matter who you are.  Some songs are fast, some slow, some both.  They definitely do not all sound the same. 
Recently, I have started listening to 106.9 or 106.1 just to see if I could stand listening to music other then country.  There are a few songs I really like and I listen to those stations much more often now but country will always be my favorite.
It seems like more people are listening to country now and the ones who actually give it a chance really enjoy it.  A couple of my friends started listening to country because I would always listen to it and now they love it.  I think if people just gave it a chance, they would realize what people say about it, is not true.     

3 comments:

  1. all I have to say is the only country song you introduced me too is "you and me go fishing in the dark" hahaha remember singing it during detasseling lawl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all kinds of music, I'll usually check out some of the country channels on my radio often, just to see what's playing, and will listen to them for hours. Country music has a better meaning then most pop songs you hear today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do like some country but there is also some that really sucks. but that is also like anyother music. There will always be bad music

    ReplyDelete