Friday, March 4, 2011

School?

I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to spring break. I’m not going anywhere or doing anything too special but I just cant wait to get out of school. This entire semester has taken a lifetime, and we are only half way through it!! The school day drags on and on and on. Each week is like a month and each month is like year.
The first semester went totally fine for me. I was completely focused, did all my work, never slacked off, and didn’t really have a problem with being at school. Well after we came back from winter break it has just gone downhill. It is not because of the new classes I have now. It is simply, well, school. I cant stand it anymore. And to make myself feel even better, I remind myself that I have another quarter plus another whole year.
The getting up so early, the homework, the studying, the teachers, the people you have to put up with at school. It is exhausting. I asked a couple teachers why they became teachers. Seriously, why would you want to come back to school. One teacher told me it is completely different when you’re a teacher. But I don’t see how? You still have to put up with the kids, do work, and deal with going to school everyday. The only good answer I found when asking this question was from Dykstra. He said we get summers off. Plain and simple (he also added he loves teaching literature but he has to say that).
Things that really bug me are days like today. The bomb threat. Really? We have to get our bags checked like we are all criminals and I’m surprised they let us leave for lunch. Last year we were on complete lockdown. It’s ridiculous. I realize they have to do it and its for our safety but for real, I don’t enjoy taking twenty minutes waiting in line just to get into the school.
School is just annoying me lately. I really am not sure how I am going to put up with it another year. After this year I’ll come back from summer break and be good for the first semester, then drag through the second. All I can say is, I hope college will be different.

9 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to break too! School can get to be too much especially when you add work on top of it. And I believe you're exaggerating about it taking 20 minutes to search! I personally don't think being searched is that big of a deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree. First Semester went by way to fast. It was gone just like that. But second semester is going really slow. Everytime we wait for a break, the days go by even slower as the break is approaching. Hopefully when we get back from spring break, the days will go by as quick as they did first semester. The bomb threat is absolutley ridiculious. Also with that comes being searched, which takes forever I think too. Usually you have to stand in a line, and then wait to get searched. It's pretty stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait!! I wish we got a longer break though. I slacked off a lot this semester, last semester could have been better but it still beat this semester. College will be different. Don't most schools get like a month of just for Christmas? or maybe even more?! College will be much better, i'm excited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree when we came back to school after christmas break my grades were horrible. I think that teachers give us so much homework because they hate us. I am sick and tired of all the homework.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree I thought i was doing horrble last semester then comin back to the new semester i am doing way worse this semseter I really need to try harder and i think spring break will help with this it gives us time off to think and do our own things and maybe catch up om homework

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the second semester is always the worst. I'm ready for spring break too. Nothing great is happening in the school either, so that makes everything worse too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so much for trying to be positive. but you make a good point and i think the winter has something to do with making it drag on so long.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, winter does drag on forever and the closer you get to the end of the school year the longer each passing day seems.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with the bomb threats and stuff, kids try about anything to get out of school. They hope to get a day off, and the school does the checks and stuff just to help the parents deal with us coming into an enviroment of freaks, ha.

    ReplyDelete